Tuesday 31 March 2015

Weather gone berserk.

The wind is blowing here from literally every possible direction and I try to hide in my little second floor hollow as much as possible since any attempts to conquer the weather inevitably end up with me being almost blown off from my bike. Staying indoors is definitely safer.

Although having said that, I left my window open for a little while and ended up with sand/dust being blown into and all over my room, so it's only safe inside if you're prepared not to let any fresh air in.

***

Only a few days till Easter left, but we don't get much time off for this occasion, barely two days (Good Friday and Easter Monday) which is pathetic compared to 6 weeks we get off around Easter at Oxford. In any case, Easter weekend will be so packed! I always try to slow down on such occasions and retain some sanity when everyone else is stressing out about cleaning, shopping and cooking, and this time it might have a different edge to it. I'll probably miss all the cleaning and shopping, contributing to baking more than anything else (well, maybe packing the dishwasher too), but apart from that we'll be doing some exploring with Captain America, so it will be a slow down on a home side and a bit of speeding on having fun side. I definitely need to get away from Leiden somewhere further than Amsterdam to take a deep breath and recharge.

No comments:

Post a Comment