Thursday 12 March 2015

A morning at Hortus.

Today is such a beautiful day! It's warm and sunny, the wind is not too bad, so given how scarce such days are here in the Netherlands, I've decided to do a bit of exploration today and went to Hortus: Leiden's botanic garden. Leiden lacks a big park in the city centre where I could go for a long walk, so Hortus proved perfect, especially that LU students can enjoy a free entry.

I like how I do have enough time to spend a few hours out in the park, without stressing out about deadlines, reading and all this stuff. I've just finished two out of five courses I'm taking this semester, and exams are in one month time, so my schedule will not be that tight now. And since it coupled with nice weather, I can finally enjoy Leiden.

Now enough talking, here come the pictures.





This is the Observatory, in which I also have some of the classes. Unfortunately, because the classes are cramped and most of them don't have proper tables but only chairs with ridiculously small folding 'desks'.

No comments:

Post a Comment