Thursday 26 March 2015

Breakfast dinner logistics.

Captain America seemed pretty excited about the concept of having breakfast for dinner and last night was the time to indulge in a delicious full English breakfast for dinner.

There's been quiet a few things that had to be prepared for this dinner: sausages, bacon, hash browns, tomatoes, eggs, toast and baked beans, so a proper action plan was necessary to make sure everything is ready when it was supposed to be.


Of course there's no picture of the dinner itself, I was too hungry and excited to take any pictures. But it was absolutely delicious and it has been actually quite relaxing to prepare it. The last time I made a full English was over a year ago I think, but then it was made for around 12 people if I remember correctly, so I guess it can be counted for a few times.

I did get weird looks when preparing baked beans, eggs and bacon at 7 pm though!

I've also had my first German pretzels adventure today. In the past yeast dough was not my favourite, but I'm getting grips of it now. Apparently real pretzels are dipped in lye solution (also known as sodium hydroxide), but after some deliberation, I've decided to try with bicarbonate soda instead. Firstly, it's much easier to find, secondly, not as poisonous, which is quite important given my clumsiness. These didn't turn out exactly like pretzels I have when I visit Munich, but it was my first attempt and I'll count it as a success (plus Captain America was absolutely delighted that I've finally made pretzels, so I can also place a tick next to making him happy box).




No comments:

Post a Comment