Tuesday 17 March 2015

Rushing out of the house.

You know, I laughed at all of the Dutch who would flood the streets whenever even the smallest ray of sun would poke from behind the clouds.

I laughed, but after months of living here, I've done exactly the same thing.

Today was a beautiful day again but apart from the sun, we were also blessed with a rather high temperature. It felt like everyone who could decided to live the house. Including myself.

In this country where your life is a constant battle with rain and wind, the sunny spells are fully embraced and made most of. After a string of grim days you just crave some sun and it's impossible to resist the temptation to just abandon whatever you are doing and instead just sit on the grass by the canal and enjoy yourself.

So I rushed out of the house this afternoon in an attempt to hyper-dose myself with vitamin D. Almost like a real Leidener.

No comments:

Post a Comment