Thursday 30 April 2015

Overgrown with dirt.

Ever since I started sharing accommodation with other people, first in the boarding house, then in college and an apartment in Leiden, I had to deal with filthy people.

And I don't people people who don't shower, or have a bad breath, dirty long nails or something like that. I mean people who, whatever they do, always leave dirt behind. It's completely beyond me how you can go about life in such a way.

Hair in the shower drain or in the bathroom sink is like a never ending story. Same goes for toothpaste in the sink. But the battle really starts in the kitchen. After breakfast time, breadcrumbs take over the kitchen counters. I have a suspicion that people live under an illusion that there is some sort of a breadcrumb fairy in the house who sweeps away all of the breadcrumbs that they leave behind. They must live in Wonderland or something, because neither in Poland nor in the UK have I encountered any breadcrumb fairies. Needless to say, food in the sink is also, apparently, cleaned up by an appropriate set of fairies. Those fairies must be pretty busy by the way, since they also take out overflowing recycling bins, pack and unpack the dishwasher, clean the fridge from mould which inhabited the veg crisper and do all sorts of other stuff too. Oh, and dirty knives and forks left in the sink are the recent occurrence, so our housekeeping fairies need to deal with those now.

I'm quite far from a perfect housewife ideal, but all this dirt drives me crazy! How are people not disgusted to prepare food in a dirty kitchen? Or take a shower in a dirty bathroom? Goodness gracious, it's absolutely awful and this is all I have to say on this matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment