Tuesday 28 April 2015

Apocalypse (or about King's Day again).

Preparing for Monday, I felt as if I was preparing for an apocalypse. My fridge has never been so full eggs, milk, butter, veggies, cake (of course!), meat and fish, everything is there so to make sure we, two very hungry people, survive Koningsdag.

I've even polished the entire house, so that when we are stuck at home for almost 48 hours, we don't need to worry about sticky floors,dusty corners and sinks covered with toothpaste. Apocalypse is definitely not the best time to do a spring clean.

And we've survived!

There was a flea market in Leiden: it seems like at least half of families in Leiden decided to get rid off their stuff that morning. There was nothing of particular interest to me there, but it was a sunny day, quite warm, so it was a pleasure to walk around for an hour or so. Party noise have withered away by 11pm (sic!) and the day in general wasn't as apocalyptic as I feared. But in any case I'm glad that we're back to normal now ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment