Monday 2 February 2015

Looking ahead.

Classes have finally started!

For those of you who don't understand how one can be happy about it, I've spent two months on the edge of being idle because all of my courses finished by the end on November and the new semester hasn't started until today. I did, however, have time to fill in quite a few vac scheme applications which I've mentioned in one of the previous posts, a luxury that most law students can't afford.

After those two months I actually can't wait to have classes, especially that I have signed up to only five courses, including a much awaited aerospace law and criminalistics (with a field trip!). Also having a more structured week and actual deadlines would be great: I'm a kind of a person who puts leisure activities into a diary to keep track of everything, so having blank pages is not a pleasant view for me.

My fitness schedule has also been sorted out more or less, although it will be a living thing anyway. On the novelty side, the sports centre introduces fingerprint-based entrance replacing old-fashioned cards (even though they are magnetic, which is in itself an advancement compared to what I've seen in some places).  So now I'll need to make my way to the desk there and get my finger scanned with an assurance that no one will be able to hack the information and use it for illegitimate purposes. Somehow this assurance makes me even more weary about the entire idea, but what can I do, the world goes forward.

Finally, weather-wise, it feels like March: it's not too cold, but it rains pretty much every day. I really don't know how people function in this country. It sometimes feels like my entire life is waiting for this very short moment when it stops raining so that I can't get out of the house and move from A to B. This website, however, is a great help showing me when it'll rain so that I can avid getting wet. And, surprisingly enough, it is actually quite accurate. This is why Dutch classmates come handy, they tell you about all these apps and website that make your life in the Netherlands easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment