Sunday 15 February 2015

Bagels, cheese and all that jazz.

I had such a great day yesterday. After a failure to make our way to Amsterdam, Captain America and I indulged in baking activities and made two batches of bagels. I love how everyone assumed we were expecting many guests that evening when in fact all of this was for us. Yes, we love food. And we love it to be plenty (and delicious: cinnamon bagels topped with sugar are divine).




Also, it seems that the Dutch are getting much nicer and open as they age. I'm not sure whether this is a matter of more life experience, but some of the loveliest people I've met here were those in the autumn of their lives. For instance the lovely cheese seller who I met at the market yesterday and we had a lovely chat about how beautiful Krakow was and about his Polish neighbours. The man was definitely not impressed by the fact that I was buying emmental rather than some Dutch variety of cheese, but he has given me a lovely bag as a present. Faith in humanity restored. This might confirm my theory that cheese makes people happy, so those who work with cheese are automatically nice and spread their happiness around them.

Next two weeks will be extremely busy for me with social events, work-related stuff and just life in general. Getting busy again! At last!

No comments:

Post a Comment