Saturday 5 April 2014

Are we all like this?

I mean, complaining all the time?

Recently, I had a doubtful pleasure of going to the doctor's. So I come to the registration, say that I was registered for 5 pm. It's 4:59 pm. I get a number. 11. And off I go to take my seat. Thankfully, there are only 2 people to go before me. Not too bad as for our national standards. I wait. It turns out I need to wait until 5:45 pm before I can get to see my doctor. But nevermind. I'm prepared, I have my book and lots of patience.

Those 45 minutes wouldn't be too bad at all if it wasn't for the complaining that I had to listen to throughout these sweet 45 minutes on a lazy April afternoon. About long queues to the doctor's. About the doctor who didn't leave a prescription at the registration desk. About someone who didn't look after her mother. And so on. Quite understandably I could not focus on my reading. Instead, I was soaked in a multitude of pretensions. Instantly, I've got more ill than I was when I'd taken my seat.

Across from me sat a religious sister and I could see in her face that she was not pleased either.

The worst thing is that it's contagious! My word, I always come back home very optimistic, with no issues whatsoever, but after a couple of weeks in Poland I start moaning about everything. Even now I complain about complaining (yet again).

Honestly, I haven't encountered that in England so far. Maybe I'm just lucky. Or maybe it's just a Polish attitude?

I recommend Poland. Come and Complain channel on YouTube. Some people criticise it for using an inside joke to promote Poland to outsiders. Well, maybe it's good to for us Poles to realise that something needs to be done. In the meantime, do come and complain.

No comments:

Post a Comment