Sunday 23 March 2014

Keep calm and eat cake.

I love Sundays. This is my day of rest and I mean it- no studying or any work of that kind at all. Most of the people think that it's impossible to take the entire day off, but for a year or so I do it and it's perfectly possible. Even necessary. I can no longer imagine working every single day of the week. In this way every day is the same! No variety at all. And it's definitely not healthy.

Sunday is a day when I can do whatever I want. I can go to a ballet class, I can stay in bed until brunch, I can read something for leisure, I can go arty and make something pretty or just bake. A day when I don't have to do anything. A day for myself.

Today was a baking day with a result in the form of a chocolate cake with coconut cream cheese frosting. I've started enjoying baking without any particular recipe in front of me.The frosting was my creation and it was a hit. Maybe this is yet another alternative career for me, having my own patisserie. I would love that. Baking is therapeutic. And it is one of the best ways of making people happy. Everyone loves cake. In any case, if in doubt, have some cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment