Sunday 19 February 2017

Sunday Special: Go out into the world.

I have never particularly wanted to have an exclusively "Catholic" life.

And by this I mean hanging out with almost exclusively Catholic friends, working for a Catholic agency, sending children to Catholic schools, reading Catholic magazines, going to Catholic gatherings, etc.

There is nothing wrong with doing these things, but I feel that if you cushion yourself so tightly with all things Catholic, you lose the sight of the vast majority of the world that is not Catholic. And this is a lot of people, places, communities and opportunities that end up beyond your reach.

He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation."
(Mark 16:15)
Image result for hands together

If we take these words seriously, then how can you choose to "stick to your own"? Why not make a conscious effort to be with the people who live without God, who feel down, are unhappy or lost? I think it is so beautiful that you are able to bring your joy into somebody else's life. On a daily basis. I'm not saying that you need to preach. But your life is the best witness. The way you are with other people. And you can influence their life in a very positive way without being pushy. Just by being you.

I like to keep in the loop of Catholic things, keeping up to date with all the wonderful things people do But at the end of the day, I live in the world which I far from religious. And I feel like I need to embrace it in order to make a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment