Friday 28 October 2016

Job description.

Since I’ve started teaching in September, I’ve definitely performed duties that go much beyond those written in my job description.

I’ve become a life coach and an advisor.

A house painter, a bouncer and a jester.

A crowd-controller, a multi-tasking guru and a protector.

A mediator, a sweet dispenser and a self esteem boosting machine.

I’ve mastered the skill of using all the possible setting on the photocopier and the skill of resurrecting the connection between my laptop and the smartboard.

My body has been used as a number line slider, arms of a crocodile inequality sign and other impromptu learning resources.

I’ve become an improvisation expert, a more attentive listener and a fluent conversationalist with my gut feeling.

I’ve also grown to appreciate the power of tea to carry you through a long day.

This is what being a teacher is really like. Teaching is my main job. But really there is much much more to it. And this is what I love so much about it.


No comments:

Post a Comment