Monday 31 October 2016

Bookshelf.

I finally have a bookshelf! And it means that all my books could move from the floor, an odd cardboard box and my desk to their proper place.

I've realised that there are really two things I spend my money on: food and books. I absolutely love cooking and baking, so I don't try to get by on baked beans on toast. My fridge needs to be filled with delicious food: veggies, cheeses, fruit, whatever you can think of. 5 a day is a must.

Books are my second passion. At the moment it's mostly books about teaching and Maths. I have a whole stack of books that are waiting to be read. Here is my little stack:


Talk-Less Teaching is on the menu at the moment: it's extremely informative and includes plenty of handy advice which will help me to become a better teacher (and to look after my voice a bit better).

I've noticed that, sadly, novels do not feature in my reading list that high, so I've bought a book which was longlisted for the Booker Prize and hopefully will find some time to read it soon.

Travelling from (and around) the Island is time consuming so I use it for reading, in an attempt to make most of a boring commute. And my new resolution is to spend 20 minutes each day reading. It will give me over two hours reading time each week. We'll see how it goes with a busy teacher's schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment