Wednesday 11 November 2015

All the freebies.

Over the course of the last few weeks I have worked at a few career fairs. I must say I do appreciate the opportunity to do some more physical work every now and then. Running up and down the stairs carrying boxes and pushing a trolley around is quite tiring, but it's also rather satisfactory once everything is set up, all the exhibitors are there and the first visitors are let in- everything comes together.

The best part of it is probably all the freebies and there was plenty. Apart from classic pens and notebooks (good quality ones though!) I got a kitchen timer, a giant tea cup, a usb stick, mini torch, jelly beans, Ben's Cookies (!!!) and a spork. Oh, and I would have forgotten about a rubber duck.
I always wonder how the decision as to what sort of promotional materials you give out are made. I mean, why would you give out a rubber duck if you're a consultancy firm? Or a torch as a law firm? At least pens and post-it notes are actually useful to students, but some of the things I've seen were really random. Not sure whether it is a good way about marketing. Unless you pair it up with Ben's Cookies. Anything is great if paired up with Ben's Cookies. But otherwise, if it's something really random, I don't think it works in company's favour.

In any case, I've had a lot of fun during those fairs. There's something really nice about doing something very different than reading a law textbook. And meeting a lot of interesting and fun people. I was actually surprised how much I've enjoyed it, because on some days I really felt like I couldn't be bothered to go there and do all this work, but at the end of the day I was really happy, though terribly tired. Good tiredness, when you know you've done a good job.

No comments:

Post a Comment