Monday 3 November 2014

Halloween. Museum Night. More Parties.

Coming up with an idea for a Halloween costume was a pain. I wanted something witty, not expensive and which would not require multiple trips to a variety of shops. I thought about Mary Poppins, strawberry, some pun costumes, a Pokemon and all sorts of stuff. And then it was Wednesday afternoon and there was no more time to sort it out.

So I ended up with a little red riding hood costume. The entire process involved watching a handful of youtube videos, blog posts and other diy resources, a trip to a textile shop on the other side of the town and around 2 hours of sewing (plus over another hours of making subsequent fixes). Money-wise it was definitely a more efficient option, not so much in terms of time though. But at least I had an uncontaminated leisure time while doing it, since it is impossible to sew and read or do anything else at the same time without getting seriously hurt with a needle. And I have enough bodily injuries already.

The end effect.
Let us begin...
The hood nearly ready...
My wolf has grabbed me and off we went to one party which featured lychee-black olives eyeballs and delicious punch, and then to the next one featuring video games.
My floor lamp got dressed up too.
This obviously was not enough for me, so the next night we went to a Museum Night in Amsterdam. I must say it looked more like random parties in museums rather than a sort of museum night that I'm used to from back in Krakow, but it was fun nonetheless (though waking up for a rehearsal the next morning was not so much fun). 

And tonight the party continued with a half-birthday, very chilled celebration (mulled wine, homemade cake and cards against humanity- what could be better).

Honestly, I think that party-wise I'm done for this year. The last time I've been so busy having fun was probably around the freshers' week two years ago. Good break for being stuck under the pile of books.

And I love people's faces when I tell them I do law. This is my conclusion from these three evenings.

No comments:

Post a Comment