Thursday 6 November 2014

The biggest sign of dedication of a Polish girl.

Making pierogi for Captain American seemed a bit risky for me at first, but it was inevitable that he would be totally immersed in my Polishness at some point, so I gave it a shot. The problem with Polish food is that it is really eastern-European and I'm quite anxious about serving such things to people: not everyone is a fan of potatoes, cabbage and other things of that sort.

My mum makes pierogi in no time, but I decided not to risk my guest sitting around very hungry, so I allowed sufficient time for making this (it turned out not to be that time-consuming, but  anything could go wrong, especially that I've made them by self only once). Especially that I also had to coordinate making tiramisu at the same time. It was actually quite fun to do and to some extent even relaxing.

And here comes my pierogi adventure in pictures:

Potato peel dominated the kitchen at first.
Onions and bacon: not something that my mum adds to pierogi, but I though I would give it a go.
Potato-cottage cheese filling ready.
Dough in the making...
Cutting out circles.
Nearly there!
Done! Over 40 beautiful pierogi prepared to be boiled!
And the dinner's ready!
Yes, definitely making pierogi is one of the biggest signs of dedication of a Polish girl, especially that it results in a hurting back, tired legs and aching fingers (and flour being everywhere. As a point of advice, do not make these in black clothes). In any case, Captain America loved it all, which I accepted with a great relief. Next on the list are latkes! Om nom nom.

No comments:

Post a Comment