Thursday 30 October 2014

How about you MAKE some time?

So the times when I used to say that "I simply don't have time for that" are long gone. Because it's not about having time, it's about making time: nobody actually has time to give it away.

I'm extremely busy, in fact I could work 24/7 if I was really determined and there would be no worry that I run out of tasks to complete. But I still make time for things and people. I make time for joining a salsa class, Irish dance class, swimming session, rehearsals, baking sessions, a drink with friends, lazy mornings, sweet sessions, art projects, and all sorts of other stuff.

Every single time somebody tells me something along the lines of "I'm sorry I ignored your message for the past month, I didn't have time", it makes my blood boil. Are you serious people?! I mean, do you think I sit around doing nothing all days? This is extremely frustrating, not because I'm craving for having friends, but because I've expected a certain level of commitment and effort from certain people, and now I need to face a major disappointment.

Well, as my mum's taught me: a friend in need is a friend indeed.

But! It undoubtedly sad experience will not make me bitter, because I still believe it is worth investing in people what you have most precious: your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment