Sunday 12 August 2018

Sunday Special: The Bible hack.

Do you ever think that you don't read the Bible nearly often enough?

I don't read the Bible daily and in my busy life it's so easy to get caught up in different activities and before I know it, it's already bedtime.

But I want to read the Bible every day, so I had to find a hack for this.

And I did. It's so simple, I can't believe I didn't come up with it months ago.

What is the first thing you grab after waking up? Probably your smartphone. Now, exchange the smartphone for the Bible and all of a sudden you read the Bible every morning. Use a physical book rather than an app to avoid distractions.

Read a verse, a passage, a chapter. It doesn't matter how much you read as long as you get those life-giving words into your day.

I'm currently working my way through the Letter to the Hebrews in this way. And I truly believe that it can transform my life, make me more attuned to the voice of God and more caring about people around me. Pretty good for five-ten minutes of reading each morning.


If you don't know where to start, I really love the Gospel according to St Mark. I love all of the Gospels, but Mark's one is special to me. I also really like the Letter of St Paul to the Ephesians. It really doesn't matter where you start, God will speak to you through any passage you pick as long as you are open to His voice.

It is by your holding fast to the word of life that I can boast on the day of Christ that I did not run in vain or labour in vain. (Philippians 2:16)

No comments:

Post a Comment