Sunday 1 April 2018

Sunday Special: He is RISEN!


Have you experienced the Resurrection in your life?

It's only this year that I fully embraced the meaning of Easter. My Lenten journey was full of ups and downs, but when I reached the time of Sacred Triduum, I suddenly felt ready. I haven't reached the heights of holiness, my sins remained a problem, but I felt an immense longing for the Risen Lord. I wanted Jesus to lift me up from the abyss of death into a place filled with light. From grave to Resurrection.

I am certain that I will continue to struggle with sin and that I will need all mercy I can get, but this Easter filled me with such hope. Hope that whatever might be going on in my life, Jesus is there with me, even in the pit of despair where it feels that God has forsaken me. 

The Mystery of Easter has shown me with all its power that hope is greater than despair, that life is greater than death, that love is greater than fear. I believe that when Jesus rose from the grave, he was thinking about me. About life eternal spent with me, his daughter. And I have no doubts he was thinking about each one you as well.

We have eight days of Easter celebrations ahead. Let's make it eight days of incredible joy and praise for the Risen Lord. He is truly risen. And he wants you to experience his love as manifested through his Resurrection.

‘I saw the Lord always before me,
for he is at my right hand so that I will not be shaken;
therefore my heart was glad, and my tongue rejoiced;
moreover my flesh will live in hope.
For you will not abandon my soul to Hades,
or let your Holy One experience corruption.
You have made known to me the ways of life;
you will make me full of gladness with your presence.’ 
Psalm 16 

No comments:

Post a Comment