Sunday 12 June 2016

Things I'm looking forward to.

Having finished my exams on Friday, I can finally think about pleasant things I'm looking forward to. And there is plenty of those, since I have exciting times ahead.

Mr Magic's visit
After weeks of waiting, he is finally coming, so we can celebrate my finishing of exams and spend some time together. This will be my rest time. Time of joyous bouncing around, long night talks and other shenanigans. It's a highlight of my post-finals period and I'm so excited for it.

Moving to the Isle of Wight
I've dreamt about living on the Isle of Wight and I'm so happy that I got allocated to the school there. It will be fantastic to live in such a beautiful part of the world, with miles of beaches, charming coastal walks, the Benedictines of St Cecilia, the Dinosaur Island, Isle of Wight Zoo and the sea all around. And I'm really looking forward to finding my own place, moving the furniture, arranging my posters and pictures, finding out my nearest shop and so on. It's completely new life waiting ahead now.

Summer Institute
This is a vital part of Teach First training and will probably be super-intense. I'm a little apprehensive at the moment. My Maths is not up to scratch quite yet, but I have almost three months to work on it. I'm really looking forward to meeting like-minded people who also believe that every child should receive excellent education. I'll be visiting my school for a week and it will be a great opportunity to get used to  it, settle a bit and work out how that place is run.

Now I'm off to my law picnic followed by drinks and Finalists' Dinner. It's time to celebrate!

No comments:

Post a Comment