Friday 10 October 2014

Say yes to everything!

Year abroad is such a time when you need to get out of your comfort zone and some try new things.

And so I did.

Starting with signing up to a salsa class, I've learnt to move my hips to the sides and in the shape of eights, I got used to being awkwardly close to strangers while dancing in pairs and in the meantime mastered the art of small talk.


And then I've joined a theatre club, because I've always wanted to and never really had time to commit to it. Given that I can squeeze all the required work into three days if I need to, I can with no regrets sacrifice over 6 hours a week for rehearsals. And so I became a co-director. Getting outside of my comfort zone is in full flow here since I have no excuses for not joining all the acting exercises and games. It's a big thing for me, because I'm self-conscious and really not comfortable with doing silly things. But hey-ho, I've ended up dancing on a chair and telling really weird stories last time, so there is some progress.

But of course this was not enough for me, so I've joined Zumba and now I jump around like crazy once a week. It makes me disgustingly sweaty, overly tired, gasping for air and ridiculously happy.

Also, I said yes to entrepreneurship and innovation, a subject that makes very little sense, but at least it's not law. I'm not entirely sure what benefits I'll draw out of it, but I can now make an elevator pitch, write a simple marketing plan and do other stuff that I had no idea about beforehand.

I'm not sure what else I say yes to this year, but I can't wait to see. I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment