Wednesday 17 September 2014

September 17

Exactly 21 years ago, at 2:30 in the afternoon CET on 17th September I came to this world.

I've scored 10 Apgar points and had a good outlook for the future.

Since then my life has been a bit of a rocky road really.

I've spent six years at a music primary school that I've absolutely hated, only to rediscover my love for music a couple of years later.

Middle school was full of drama in the middle of which I inadvertently ended up being. My word, this was 

One year in a Polish high school has passed without much firework, maybe part from taking part in a Christmas concert when I surprised everyone by actually getting onto the stage and singing in public.

And then two years at a girl's school. This was... fun, in a way, a bit strange, and at moments emotionally draining, but I would do it all again (maybe apart a few stupid things). Definitely would do it all again.

When it come to uni, I had the most crazy first term, but later I've settled pretty well. In fact I've settled in my own room so well that some people haven't seen me for weeks or months on end.

And now I'm here, turning 21. With a bottle of Chilean red and some marzipan chocolate to accompany me.

At 21 my granny, mum and aunt all already had children. I have no prospects of any such accomplishment as of yet.

I'm probably about a quarter into my life (hopefully!) and I wonder when I'm going with it and I honestly don't know. I have a pretty good idea of what I want to do career-wise, but what besides it?

My granny said the most important thing is to have an interesting life, but I cannot complain about it. My life has been ridiculously interesting. So maybe I'm actually on a right path?

No comments:

Post a Comment