Sunday 11 May 2014

La belle epoque!

Ready to take on the night!
Last night I went to my first ever ball at Oxford.


It was at Kingston Bagpuize, 20 minutes outside of the city. The location was amazingly beautiful, the only downfall was the temperature- it was really cold throughout the night, so I'm really glad I bought a furry shrug, otherwise I would probably turn into an ice cube.

I really enjoyed the preparation time- doing my hair, putting makeup on, painting my nails and all other girly stuff. I usually don't have enough time to spend, literally, hours, getting ready. Usually I'm quick- tights on, skirt on, brush my hair and off I go. 

Yesterday, since I was all too excited to study, I could take as much time as I wanted to get ready.
The entertainment featured a ferris wheel (whoo hoo!) and dodgems (hurt my knee because I sat next to a terribly irresponsible driver, though this was all part of the fun). Oh, and there were silent films shown in a tent gracefully called 'the chill tent'! This was great, as at that stage I couldn't really take dance music anymore- plus, this tent was so warm!





6 hours of partying is a lot. By midnight I was already zoning out a bit, so we left at 2 am. The night was definitely fun. Something completely different from anything that I've experienced so far. There was decent food (crepes especially good!), decent drinks (at least we did not run out as some balls do) and the music was alright. Ferris wheel was definitely the highlight of the night (honestly, ferris wheel is always the highlight, it was so even in Brussels). Plus 50 points to entertainment for meeting random friends who we didn't expect to see at this ball at all.

I'm off to catch up on sleep. Despite staying in bed until early afternoon, I can still feel the remains of last night's decadence in my body. Time to get back to real life now.

No comments:

Post a Comment