Thursday 1 May 2014

Good start (with a law book under my arm)

It seems that I've only just arrived in Oxford on a Thursday night in week 0, but today I've woken up on Thursday week 1. It's quite terrifying how time passes here. During this short time I've managed to sort out a lot of little bit and bobs and I've dived straight into work.

"I already hate Land Law" texted me my friend last night, but I have to say that I take great pleasure in it. It's technical and requires going through legislation. I'm terribly good at it, I'm a sort of a person who goes to the doctor's with full knowledge of patient's rights and related laws, just in case someone would be brave enough to try not to let me exercise what I'm supposed to be able to exercise. This comes quite handy, especially when you deal with people who think they know more about how to do stuff. Oh no, no, no.

It's quite funny how easy everything becomes when you have a relevant bit of law at hand. Whether it is collecting your blood test results or booking driving test- shuffle an Act of Parliament on the table and all of a sudden all of the obstacles that have been placed in front of you just disappear. Miraculous! It's actually quite sad as well, because most of the people, quite frankly, cannot be bothered to check their rights (probably this is why we need legal professionals). And all the official can then continue to ignore the regulations and carry on as they wish.

Anyway, this is a good start of term. The law is not too overwhelming, the weather, contrary to the forecasts, is bearable, and I'm full of energy (probably because I started to care about my body as much as I care about my brain). What more could you want?

No comments:

Post a Comment