Sunday 25 May 2014

Desire

Life is about desire. Otherwise you're just a tourist passing by.

Have you ever thought about what keeps you going? What really makes you wake up in the morning, get through the day and carry on working in the evening? What is your desire?

I've been having a ridiculously busy time recently, with looming deadlines, plentiful meetings, lectures, and ever expanding reading lists. But I keep going! Today is the first day of week 5 and I still have enough strength to wake up each, go for a swim twice a week, occasionally bake a cake and see friends. I feel like I'm really waiting for the next day to come. I mean, I do enjoy here and now, but the thought of whatever needs to be done tomorrow does not keep me awake at night.

I'm definitely not a tourist merely passing through this life. Life is too beautiful not to appreciate every moment, not to have some sort of desire to follow. Intense emotions, living to the full, laughing, loving, enjoying the world and the people - this is important. Otherwise, what's the point?

No comments:

Post a Comment