Monday 17 April 2017

The Bay Area.

San Francisco Bay Area spans over the region of San Pablo Bay and San Francisco Bay. It encompasses the cities of San Francisco, Oakland, San Jose and smaller cities such as Palo Alto, Mountain View and Santa Clara. It is the home to Facebook, Google and Stanford University.

In my Californian explorations, I've made my way to all three and even managed to get to the Computer History Musem. It is truly wonderful, with hundreds of exhibits, but I was a bit overwhelmed by all of it.


Luckily, twice a day there is a guided tour. Alex, a volunteer and computer geek, was so helpful in explaining the main revolutionary points in the history of computing. Highly informative and finally I got it!



Not to mention the amazing store there...


Now, Mountain View is the home of Google, so my trip would not be complete if I didn't make it to the Android Statutes.



Hop over to Menlo Park and you arrive at Facebook headquarters.




Stanford University is also relatively close by and I recommend joining one of the walking tours led by Stanford students. Even though the tour was filled with prospective applicants and was heavy on the topics relating to admission, it was nonetheless really interesting. The campus is huge and full of lovely spots. I only wish I had more time to just explore and sit around reading.






On a just a fun note, there is California's Great America here which is essentially a fun park filled with different rides. An interesting way to spend my first alternative Easter.



That's it for now! Till next time when I tell you about Lake Tahoe and skiing near the border with Nevada.

No comments:

Post a Comment