Sunday 9 April 2017

Bracing myself for the first long-haul flight.

I'm well excited and also absolutely petrified by the prospect of boarding my first trans-Atlantic flight. To ease my nerves, I've got myself properly prepare for all possibilities, packing up my bag to the brim. I've read articles about taking long-aul flights, so even before I even boarded the plane, I felt like I've done it a hundred times over already.

First of all, the getting comfy collection. Norwegian does not provide blankets or pillows in Economy (though you can buy it, as I understand), so I've got my own and also packed reindeer comfy socks to keep my little feet warm.


Getting comfy also included getting dressed in a loose top, leggings and ballerinas (lace up boots are a no-no, too much effort to put them on and off). Hair done up to ensure maximum comfort in terms of temperature and I'm all set.

Snacks are by far the most important part of the preparation. 11 hours in the air with access to unspecified type of food does not sound fun, so having a staff of emergency food is absolutely essential. Here's my little collection:

Nut butter shots, cocoa protein bar, cheese crackers, quinoa crisps
 and dried mango
Now, with Mr Magic waiting on the other side of the Pond, I wanted to be at least relatively fresh (wishful thinking), so I've packed a face towel, facial tissues, lip balm, hand sanitising foam, deodorant and hand cream. Not to forget an extra set of clothes to change into just before landing. I'm not entirely convinced how it will work in practice, but let' hope for the best.

The only thing that remains is to have a delicious pre-flight breakfast, mint tea and finish this miserable essay. The countdown begins!


No comments:

Post a Comment