Thursday 27 April 2017

Down the slope.

This is the view onto Lake Tahoe. Absolutely stunning. Both from above and when you're right at the edge of the water. A truly peaceful place.

It's somewhat ironic that we went skiing in the sunny state of California, but the skiing season was still on in Heavenly. We were lucky that it was Friday and the slopes were not busy, so there was plenty of time for skiing. I was a bit apprehensive, because even though I started skiing when I was about six, it was a good few years since I went down the slope.



I really loved the beach: it reminded me of the Island. I'm in this phase that I only like things that resemble the Island - it seems that I've assimilated into the Islander community now. But in any case Lake Tahoe was so beautiful, with crystal clear water, wonderfully yellow sand and calming little waves. It's a shame it wasn't warm enough for a swim. It would have been absolutely amazing.





And I've found a diner which has satisfied my cravings for hash browns and sour cream. The trip was truly complete with this glorious post-skiing meal.


Most pictures were taken by the most precious Mr Magic. :)

1 comment: