Saturday 15 August 2015

From the land of pasty.


After a long year abroad I finally had a chance to enjoy a well-deserved rest in the South West and it was brilliant. The great British summer has been good to us with surprisingly many sunny days and only a handful of rainy ones (and it let us avoid Polish heatwave). Most importantly, I got to do nothing. Usually our family holidays consist of insane amount of sigh-seeing: this time it was more relaxed with plenty time to rest (this hasn't stopped me from getting up at 7 am each morning though, unfortunately).

I have seen an insane amount of places I've never thought I would have seen in my life. I walked through the biomes at Eden Project, strolled down the Lost Gardens of Heligan, seen Land's End, tasted authentic Cornish pasty, climbed Mont Saint-Michel and explored the South West. But my favourite days were those spent by the seaside. I love the sound of waves - even when the sea is is rough, there's something calming about it. Hopefully I'll be able live somewhere near the sea after I graduate, it would be absolutely delightful to be able to go for an evening walk by the sea, read a book sitting at a harbour and just enjoy myself. In the meantime, I'm making most of my time here.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment