Tuesday 15 January 2019

Winter favourites.

Wrangler boots


I've picked these up in TKMaxx months ago and only started wearing them at the end of December when temperatures finally dropped to low single digits. One of a few pairs of shoes that didn't give me blisters. They are cute and sturdy (can these two adjectives ever go together? apparently so) and I hope that the cold returns soon so I can wear them a bit more. Anyone else looking outside of your bedroom window every morning hoping to see snow?

Comfy pjs


No picture here, but my new pjs are so comfy and it's just amazing to sleep in them. I don't think we pay that much attention to out nightwear and we definitely should. Sleep is so important, we spend a third of our lives asleep, so we should make sure we get high quality rest and part of it means feeling comfortable (and fabulous) in what we wear to bed.

Chocolate and pecan spelt cookies



I had some leftover spelt flour in the cupboard and decided to give a new recipe a go. Spelt flour is a source of fibre, many micronutrients (calcium, magnesium, selenium, zinc etc.) and has slightly higher protein content than ordinary wheat flour. It has a distinctive taste so might not appeal to everyone, but I really like it. Chocolate chips give the cookies a little more sweetness and pecans provide a bit of a crunch. I wouldn't say it's a guilt-free pleasure, but it's slightly healthier than store-bought snacks.

Exercise


I have a largely standing job during the day and so I sit loads in the evenings while writing, reading or talking to my loved ones, so my back does suffer due to my lifestyle. I started doing some stretching exercises for about 30 minutes twice a week and I can already feel better. Surprisingly, it doesn't bore me (I do loose interest easily) and it doesn't leave me awfully sweaty. I walk up the stairs (two flights) quickly to get some cardio each day and I started parking my car further away from the entrance at work so that I up my step count. Here's an interesting series of podcasts that really motivated me to get moving.

Honey and cinnamon body scrub



I had this scrub for ages, but only recently started using it regularly. It smells delicious and does wonders to the skin. It's a bit of a luxury for me since I don't really do baths or anything like that very often so anything beyond shampoo and shower gel is a treat for me.

New monthly planner


I'm in love with my new planner. 2019 will be so good. I have multiple stickers, different tracking system and generally I am thoroughly enjoying planning in a very different way than before. The monthly view gives me much more clarity which I need for long-term planning. I look at my planner every day, so I need it to be both functional and aesthetically pleasing and this is exactly what I manage to create now. No-nonsense planner pages where everything is 

No comments:

Post a Comment