Tuesday 24 July 2018

SO. MUCH. STUFF.

I need to get it out of my system, because for the past week or so I've felt totally overwhelmed by the amount of stuff I possess.

It is now taking me a second car load of boxes and bags to move my possessions. And there will be another one with suitcases filled with clothes and the furniture. This is simply ridiculous now.

I've pack all my bits and pieces up and while going through this stuff, I've uncovered quite a few gems. Yeah, let's call these gems rather than utterly useless items that are simply taking up my precious living space.

I have a full riding kit. Hard hat, jodhpurs, chaps, everything! I haven't ridden in 5 years (apart from one day doing some pony riding down the beach with Mr Magic)! I don't plan to ride. I don't have time, I definitely don't have the money to have a hobby like that.

I have two body boards and the only use I can find for them is swimming in the sea. I hate swimming in the sea: it's cold and dirty.

I have an electric guitar and an amplifier. It was bought for me by my dad as a present after I said I wanted to improve my guitar skills. I think I've taken the guitar out of the case to play less than 10 times since I've got it almost a decade ago. Yup. I also wonder why I still have it.

I have a painting of a Dutch windmill in the snow. It's objectively pretty, but it's totally not my style, I'm not so keen on paintings in the house at all in all honesty.

I have about 10kg of books, papers, articles and who knows what else. So. Much. Paper.

I also have an extensive collection of cocktail and evening dresses. When I do the Maths, I probably wear 0.7 evening dresses every twelve months. Do I need a floor length dress, a midi dress (actually, two in total) and two cocktail dresses?

So much stuff.

I'm slowly going through all this stuff, I've discovered the beauty of Freecycle and a lot of stuff is getting given away to people who hopefully will make a better us of these. But there is so much to go through. So much.

No comments:

Post a Comment