Tuesday 8 July 2014

Beauty uncovered

Have you ever seen one of those cosmetic bags?



When I first saw one of these I laughed, but really, this just hit the point.

I put progressively less make up on my face as I grow older. Liquid fluid has been exchanged for a mineral powder foundation. But when I think about the amount of stuff I used to put on my face a couple of years ago, it's absolutely horrifying.

And it's all because of my insecurities. So much easier to cover up and than to accept myself. Downside to the make up is that it covers all my freckles and I absolutely love them. And it takes time! (though I've mastered the art of putting full make up on in max 7 minutes) And guys sometimes can't even tell the difference. 

Coming back to the bag, isn't it quite offensive anyway? As if my face as it is was not good enough. But it is, for goodness sake! It might not be perfect, my nose my be slightly too big, my eyes too small and skin to pinkish, but it does the job! My nose can smell, my eyes see properly (well, relatively) and my skin keeps the germs away from the inside of my body. What else could I want? As they say, there's a nut for every bolt, so why worry?

Wake up tomorrow morning, look into the mirror and say to yourself: "I'm beautiful." Without putting your face on. It's already there. And it's perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment